Hello all! I have some photos of my week, including another EOTD and the lipsticks I wore to keep up with my new year’s resolution of the 100 lipstick challenge! 🙂
Keep reading for the photos…
Here’s a full face from the EOTD I did the other day. Since the eye was warm (and rather bold, although hard to tell in this photo) I chose this neutral light peachy color.
Here’s an EOTD from Friday!
I don’t think I look terribly good in blue although blue is my favorite color. So here’s my attempt at a glowy version using the new Kat Von D Alchemist palette! Sorry for the potato photos. This was taken in poor lighting (ice storm outside = nothing but grey light).
- Blackbird Dim Tradition
- MAC Copperplate
- Aromaleigh Isabella
- Kat Von D Ultraviolet and Sapphire
- Inglot 428
Since the eyes were SO BLUE, I chose my most “nude” cool toned lip: Urban Decay Vice Backtalk. This shade is almost exactly my lip color; it’s ever so slightly darker and a hair more grey than my natural lips. It’s my go-to for cool toned eye looks that are bold.
And now for some more lips!
(Including the lips from the EOTDs…)
- Kat Von D liquid lipstick Berlin – surprisingly peachy semi-hot pink on me. Pulls differently than the in-tube color. I really like KVDs formula, just not this color. Destash.
- Palladio High Intensity crayon Lilac Jazz – Not really lilac at all, haha. A warm, ever-so-slightly-muted hot pink. I really enjoy this formula. I have it in two colors and both are soft, lightweight, moisturizing, and easy to wear. Don’t last all day but are a breeze to touch up. Keep.
- Too Faced Melted Velvet – This pulls rather fuchsia on me, so there’s definitely a bit of blue in the red. These are incredibly pigmented. You only need a tiny pin prick to cover your lips in opaque color. They do transfer literally everywhere, but despite transfer they don’t fade. Super comfortable to wear. Keep.
- Stila Stay All Day Bella – I think Stila’s formula may edge out KVD’s a tiny bit in terms of comfort. I find that Bella transfers a little, but it remains very bold. This is a surprisingly nice hot pink on me, although I rarely wear it. I’m definitely interested in trying a more neutral color from Stila. Maybe destash.
- Eddie Funkhouser Model Citizen – Semi-sheer but easily built up. Very creamy and hydrating formula. I don’t wear it often, but it really is perfect when I need a warm-toned “nude” kind of lip to pair with a bolder eye look. Keep.
- Urban Decay Backtalk – Love this formula, love this brand, love this color. Easiest thing to wear when I don’t know what else to wear. It’s a teensy bit too dry, but can be remedied with lip balm on first. Keep.
That’s this week’s round up! Hopefully I can keep this momentum up with the challenges 🙂
Have a great rest of your week!