Well October rolled into November and then suddenly it’s December! This autumn really flew by and so all my end-of-month empties posts are now rolled into one mega post.
If you’ve been following me for a while, you know I love my indie body butters 🙂 I’ve been trying really hard to get through my stash because I have a lot and I’m not really sure when they expire. I’ve been working oldest to newest but it’s difficult, since some of my newest are my favorite scents and formulas! But I’m not one to throw out a perfectly good lotion just because it’s “okay” and not “amazing”, so I keep on truckin’ through my stash. I have been throwing in a few of my faves in between using up “meh” lotions just to keep things interesting.
LOTS of panned empty products this season!
- BATH & BODY
- Haus of Gloi Elevenses pumpkin butter – I was obsessed with tracking down Elevenses last year. Hobbit reference + tea scent = I should be heaven. I’m not sure whether it went off or my nose has changed, but it just isn’t 100% the best scent. (My perfume vial also went weird, so it may just be that the scent ages terribly). Twice is Nice is a better scent in my opinion. I heard it might be discontinued and I’m freaking out- I don’t actually like many of HoG’s scents so I may need to stock up on this one. Top three favorite hydrating butter.
- Alchemic Muse Pumpkin Cocoa body whip – top five scent! It’s rich and indulgent, without any of that burnt pumpkin spice latte smell to it. Not the most hydrating formula, but it does sink in fast. Pumpkin Mallow is great too; more of a warm caramel pumpkin smell to it.
- Savor Soaps – I really don’t like the quality control or the lotion base in these. They aren’t very hydrating and some of the scents are really strong which is good when I like the scents, not so much when I don’t. Here we have Honey Love Dust (okay, somewhat stale), Boyfriend’s T-Shirt (incredibly strong for a linen scent), Sugared Dates and Lemon (my fave smell of the bunch).
- Fortune Cookie Soap Drop Your Sword – actually not my favorite scent from them! I didn’t buy anything in this scent for a reason, but I got this little sample pot with my order that was nice of them. Not the most hydrating but somewhere in the middle. I also used up my mini size of the unscented ‘Naked’ body cream. I love this for my hands, especially since my skin has been really sensitive to scents (scent-sitive, haha get it?) as it gets drier.
- Cocoa Pink coco mango body butter in Triple Vanilla Dream – this deserves an award. Absolute FAVORITE formula, rich and really hydrating. This scent lasts 48 hours on my skin, it’s insanely good. CP is the most expensive indie lotion I have (price per ounce) but it is really great. I’m aiming to use up ALL my current lotion stash by Black Friday 2017 so I can take advantage of CP’s sale.
- Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub – dirt cheap for the huge amount you get (like $5 on sale at Ulta for 24 oz I think?) This is my go-to store-bought sugar scrub. It’s isn’t too rough, has more natural ingredients, smells great. Indie scrubs are good and all, but pricier.
- Epically Epic Soap Whipped Body Butter in Snowy Ice Cream – peppermint ice cream scent! This is my fave scent from Epic. Their whipped butters are seriously solid and really insanely hydrating. This is a night lotion, no doubt, because it takes forever to sink in.
- Cocoa Pink ShamPink in Lavender Honey Macaroons most amazing smell ever omg. Rich and very sweet. I find this shampoo both too drying and too hydrating at the same time. It’s like I can never fully rinse it out of my hair and it leaves it a little greasy, but it still feels un-hydrated? It’s an odd sensation, but I also have extremely picky hair.
- Lippy Dudu Calm The F Down hair oil – rich and unscented, and dirt cheap for how well it works. It looks like a tiny bottle but you only need a few drops. This went stale before I could use it all (it’s about…maybe three years old?)
- John Frieda full repair shampoo – rich and hydrating! Lathers a lot, so I assume there’s a lot of sulfates, but this was an old travel size I had floating around and wanted to use up. I liked it so… yeah.
- First Aid Beauty Hydrating Serum – I’m shocked how fast I finished this. I opened it around 9/1 and finished around 11/15. Mad as heck cause it’s expensive, but it is totally great for my skin. I use it before my moisturizer and it is a very necessary hydrating step for my face.
- La Roche Posay Toleraine Fluide moisturizer – super barebones, but great on very sensitive skin days. I’m still playing around with my routine and adding and subtracting things, and this is my go-to on days where I’ve done too much or I’m reacting to a new product. Calming and simple.
- La Roche Posay water spray – love this stuff, absolute staple. I’ve been using it more often in my new apartment because my water is crappy and really dries my skin 😦 I do have a big tub of store-bought distilled water for rinsing my face, but this is great for a spritz before my hyaluronic serum.
- Paula’s Choice Resist 2% BHA body lotion – putting this under skincare because it’s PC brand. I have KP on my upper arms (yay /sarcasm) and I bought this hoping it would help. Honestly I saw better results with using a more hydrating shower lotion and body butter than I did with this.
- Loreal Infallible eyeliner in teal – It was fine for a while, but it dried out! Like the inner core of color rattles around in the wood. Craziness. Also I have newer, better teal colors so I’m just getting rid of this one.
- Rimmel white eyeliner – also old. It also is drier and kind of painful to use. I like my newer OCC liner better.
- e.l.f. random powder brush – sheds like crazy, but is about 4 years old. Goodbye!
- Savannah Bee Company tupelo honey lip balm – yum! I love honey scents and this was a good one. Very natural. It was on the waxier side (it was beeswax based, of course) but still pretty rich. It crystallized a bit, but almost became like a lip scrub as well, haha.
- Epically Epic Soap Death By Chocolate lip balm – LOVE this flavor. This was from winter 2015 and she didn’t bring it back this year, ugh 😦 Very realistically chocolate fudge brownie. Hydrating lipbalm, not waxy at all.
- Geek Chic Cosmetics Crazy Loves Company solid – smells super stale now (it’s ooold) so goodbye!
- TokyoMilk Tainted Love rollerball – this is my go-to when I don’t know what else to wear. I’ve used up two mini roller balls now!! I have one more mini, and then I think I’ll consider getting a full size too. I also love their new Pretty Rotten scent (LOVEEE love love) but it’s only available in FS. Hey @ TokyoMilk, please make a mini coffret with these two and I would buy it!!!
Absolutely insane amount of stuff, but it feels so good to pan things 🙂 Now if only I could use up eyeshadow as fast as body butter….. To those people who have already panned things like the brand new Anastasia Modern Renaissance, HOW?!
happy holiday season!