Omg guys I’m moving in one week [insert panicky scream here]. It’s my biggest move in a long while and I totally forgot how long it takes to pack! I’ll definitely be packing until the very last minute.
On that note, I have a lot of August empties because I aggressively tried to use up as much as I could of all the half-full random things I have around. There’s a lot and I’m proud of myself, haha 🙂
Six billion skincare items as per usual as well as a few repeats and well loved makeup items!
- La Roche Posay Eau Thermale Spray – “Silly” but I don’t care- it’s super refreshing and if my skin is all red and angry from whatever (lately, summer sun) this is the best thing to spray on and it feels sooo good. Sometimes I’m crazy lazy and spray a little on my beautyblender for a little extra moisture if my makeup needs it. Would I buy it again? Yes, but only on sale!
- Clinique Acne Solutions mask – This is about 2 years old, maybe 2.5. A relic from when my skin wasn’t insanely dry. I think where I lived 2 years ago was more humid and my skin was oilier so this was nice and effective. Nowadays only my nose gets oily and that’s only at the end of the day in the warmer months. This is painful on dry skin, so I’m not going to try to use up that last 10% in the tube. Would I buy it again? Nope. Although I have a BNIB Clinique Charcoal mask that I bought last Sephora sale when I saw that this mask was getting low. I could technically return it to Sephora since it’s unused but…. ehh. I hate returns and the charcoal mask isn’t as drying. I could use it just on my nose maybe.
- Sixteen92 Hand & Body lotion in Vanille Bergamot – WHY WHY WHY must this lotion not be moisturizing enough for my sahara desert skin 😦 This is my Favorite Smell Ever. Seriously. I have it in the hair oil too, and if she made it in perfume I would have a FS of that too. Gah it’s so good. I can’t justify the price of this lotion considering I can use up this whole sample pot in less than 3 weeks Would I buy it again? Sadly….no.
- The Body Shop Aloe Gentle Exfoliating scrub- Basically a very creamy face wash with a few scrubby bits in there. Got it during last year’s Black Friday sale and it’s fine but nothing special. Would I buy it again? No.
- Hourglass Film Noir mascara in Onyx – Wow this was spectacular. This came in a Sephora points perk set with a mini red lipstick and a mini Mineral Veil primer. I LOVE IT. I love them all actually. Hourglass is so good you guys. I don’t have strong mascara preferences and I use whatever GWPs or points perks I have around but this was really nice at (1) lengthening (2) separating (3) volume (4) AND being blackest black. It was especially good towards the last month of using it, when it was a bit dryer. Most minis are better than their full size counterparts (can someone explain this magic?) but this is on my “if I ever use up all the mascara I have right now” wishlist for a FS purchase 🙂 Would I buy it again? Maybe.
- Sephora oil in gel lipstick remover- I have so many back ups of this. It’s definitely worth the clearance price of $3 I paid. Easy peasy way to remove bold or liquid lipsticks. Would I buy it again? Yes.
- Almay eye makeup removing pads (gentle, oil free)- Another repurchase. I bought a bunch during an Ulta BOGO. As much as I like reducing waste and just using an oil makeup cleanser, these are great for removing Urban Decay liquid eyeliners since those tend to roll off in little pills rather than wipe away cleanly. Would I buy it again? Yes.
- Savor Cafe Vanilla Body Butter- “Butter”. Sorry not sorry. I know there’s a cult of Savor lovers out there, but these were more dry creams than what I would consider a “butter”. They dry quickly on your skin which is great for those who like their lotion to not get on their clothes or whatever, but I need my creams to be creamier. Savor also has extremely strong smells, which is good if you choose the right smell. I have another mini in a rose vanilla, and it is so strong and powdery it actually gives me a headache. These are impressive in their scent strength and you will still smell 24 hours later. Their gourmand and cake scents are nice though. Would I buy it again? Nope. I prefer other brands.
- DHC coenzyme Q lotion – This is a toner, not a traditional “lotion”. I don’t really think it did anything magical or drastic to my skin but it also didn’t hurt it. Would I buy it again? Nope.
- Paula’s Choice Clear Anti Redness Exfoliating Solution- Another rebuy. I really can’t tell a strong difference between this BHA and the other PC Resist BHA solution. I do have a FS of this that I got during a sale a month ago. I’m waiting to open that one after I move, since it’s so nicely sealed right now 🙂 Would I buy it again? Sure, unless I find something cheaper/better.
- Hello Waffle Enchantment Primer mini tube – Come October when HW opens again, RUN don’t walk to get this. Best primer ever for shimmery loose shadow shades. Unlike Fyrinnae’s glitter primer, you can blend over this one. Would I buy it again? I already bought a jumbo FS 🙂
- Haus of Gloi pumpkin butter in Beguiled- I love HoG’s pumpkin butters so much. After straying a bit and trying a bunch of other brands, I went back to my HoG samples and these are more creamy and moisturizing on my skin. They do stay oily for a few hours on my skin, but it’s a good nighttime cream for my body. Beguiled is an okay scent; there’s something a bit sour about the fruit in this so I prefer other scents instead. Would I buy it again? In other scents, yes!
- Dr Carver’s Post Shave All-in-One Moisturizer – A curse upon Dollar Shave Club for changing their formula on this perfect cream!!! This was fragrance free and packed with amazing ingredients for ONLY $9 for a large tube! Their new formula is crap and the reviews reflect that. I don’t know what they were thinking. Would I buy it again? NO.
- Lilac & Moss Atalanta perfume sample- I’m cheating with this one since I got it in a swap already mostly empty as a free sniffie. Notes are: Amber, clary sage, fir needle, and cypriol make up her home in the forest among the bears; bergamot, lime, and grapefruit top it off as tempting fruit. It was more foresty than fruity, with a sort of outdoor refreshing vibe to it. Not a FS purchase for me though. Would I buy it again? Nope.
- Body Shop Cocoa Butter Lip Care Stick- I looove these. Probably my favorite mainstream lip balm. They’re moisturizing and lovely. Kinda pricey, but better during the black friday sale 😉 Would I buy it again? Maybe. I have 59885 other indie lip balms to use up first.
- Clinique Redness Solutions Protective Base- This is another old item (oops), probably 2.5 years old. I do like it though! It’s a good green correcting primer mixed with a decent SPF. Some of my foundations don’t blend well over it and it can be somewhat drying / appear dry on my skin. If I put on a fresh layer of moisturizing and then immiately put this on, then it isn’t as dry appearing. Would I buy it again? Not yet- I have the BareMinerals Complexion Rescue spf base I want to use up first.
- Cocoa Pink Squeaky Shampoo in Vanilla Mint – Too squeaky for me- I need a more hydrating shampoo. Also this would be oddly oily in my hair if I use too little or too much. There’s a sweet spot in the middle where it would work well on my hair, but it was too hard to find. Also I had to use a lot to clean my hair. It’s not super long; about to the top of my shoulder blades, but I had to use more than a tablespoon to cover my hair. The vanilla mint was awesome though, albeit too tingly on my scalp sometimes. Would I buy it again? No.
- Bodycology Juicy Mango body spray- Omg I used up this old fella. It’s decently mango, but not very long lasting. Would I buy it again? Nope.
Eighteen items, omg! Some hits and misses in this bunch.
So! I’m moving and will not have internet for a while, but I have lots of new posts and ideas for when I return. I’m excited 🙂