It’s a Saturday swatch party at my place and everyone is invited 🙂
I’ve had quite a backlog of my Birds of a Feather series that I’ve been meaning to post… so I’m procrastinating on packing for my move by playing with my makeup! Today I have jewels to show off: my emeralds! Now not all of these are emerald, but these are my dark greens to my weird olives. I love green- it really helps show off the green in my hazel eyes. Alas, I rarely wear it as anything other than liner. I just can’t seem to get a fully green eye look to work on me! Any tips and tutorials from you guys would be loved ❤
These are all indie colors and most are still available for purchase!
- Geek Chic Cosmetics – Heir of Isildur deep emerald green (discontinued, but available at some other retailers)
- Shiro Cosmetics – Have a Biscuit Potter pure metallic emerald green
- Howl Cosmetics – Evergreen muted forest green
- Hello Waffle Cosmetics – Of the Glinting Helmet dark helmet green with red and orange glimmer
- Geek Chic Cosmetics – The Righteous Man (discontinued, but available at some other retailers)
- Notoriously Morbid – Bloody Baron dusty olive with red glimmer
Most of these descriptions are pretty spot on. And of course, some of these are similar to each other (because duh, I keep accidentally collecting the same pretty colors again and again, haha)
- Have a Biscuit Potter is gorgeous- it may be my favorite in the group. It really has a strong metallic sheen. I have actually destashed this one though, because when foiled as liner Isildur and Biscuit are almost the same on my eyes. I have a fullsize Isildur I know I’ll never finish ever, so goodbye to my sample Biscuit for now.
- Evergreen has a wonderful golden sheen to it. This one is only in my destash pile because I really don’t have a use for all these greens. It isn’t deeply different enough from Isildur when used as liner, and since that’s how I mostly use greens it’s not useful to have two that are only a shade apart.
- Why are Isildur and Righteous Man discontinued ? I have no idea- personally I think Geek Chic has cut out a lot of my favorite shades from them and I get that maybe they weren’t colors that sold well, but their current line up of fandoms and brighter colors don’t really appeal to me anymore, whoops ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- The now-gone Bloody Baron has a somewhat dupe in Glinting Helmet – good news for those who missed the subscription box from Notoriously Morbid! Glinting Helmet is more everyday, but Bloody Baron has a wonderfully fun red glitter to it.
- Srsly, send me some green eye look inspiration to try my hand at 🙂
Thanks for reading! I have more of these swatch posts coming soon…
xoxo and happy weekend!