It has been madness around my place this past month. Oh, and apparently I’m moving sometime early September and it’s sort of unplanned and [insert excited & frantic screaming here].
If anyone has tips for how to safely pack and move with makeup and perfume (especially the 394734 indie samples I own) I would greatly appreciate it!
And without further ado, here is my super belated pile of June and July empties!
I’ve working very hard to use up as much as possible. I don’t want to move with lots of half-empty things, and also the more indie lotions I use up before November, the more I can buy during Black Friday! 🙂
- Korres Greek Yohgurt Wipes – perfectly fine makeup wipes. These are way gentler than most brands, as advertised. I mostly use these after swatching things on my arm or when I’m feeling super lazy for my face. Got them 2 for 1 or otherwise I wouldn’t be spending the $$ on something I just throw away. Would I buy it again? Ehh, no.
- Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion– MY RIDE OR DIE. This has been discontinued. I HAD NO IDEA until literally last week. And Ulta and Sephora were already sold out but I was lucky Lord & Taylor had some online. I now have enough backups to last at least a year. I went to the Clinique counter to complain and they tried to sell me the “new and improved” version, which has witch hazel. And I’m sorry Miss Clinique Counter Lady, but witch hazel hates my face so that isn’t going to be a good replacement. I’m so distraught this was discontinued. So cheap….so wonderful…. Would I buy it again? FOREVER IF I COULD.
- Seche Vite clear topcoat– Cheap, efficient, useful. I’m a crafter and a nail biter (thank u stress for this one) so nail polish never lasts nicely for more than 2 days on my anyways, but this is a nice fast top-coat. Would I buy it again? Already have.
- Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Sea Salt Mineral Soak – got this on sale somewhere… Ulta probably. It’s fine and doesn’t leave a weird film in my bathtub which is good. The only thing I need to really say about it is that the hibiscus is literally in it. There are leaves floating about. I didn’t know and so when I first added some to my bath, I had a mini heart attack thinking there was a spider floating in the water with me. So uh… PSA and don’t be me. It’s just a leaf. You’re fine. Would I buy it again? No.
- Algenist Genius Vitamin C Serum – I got three of these with Sephora points because I love it but hate the price tag. It’s over $100 I think. I’m afraid to check. It’s slightly fragranced to my nose, but it’s lightweight and I swear it does work. Would I buy it again? With points, yes. With money, no.
- Paula’s Choice Moisture Boost Cream– Oh look another discontinued product I love. I have one backup. Please send me good vibes I someday find another cream I like. (Although I will say, I’m still not 100% sure that something in this is breaking me out or not. Might be the jojoba since I’m usually sensitive to any oils. Or maybe the niacidimide? I’ve heard that breaks some people out. Honestly most of my skincare routine involves a prayer circle that it won’t break me out). Would I buy it again? I don’t know.
- Savor Strawberry Cheesecake Crema Body Butter– Whoa there, this is strong! Savor’s products are really strongly scented. As of right now, I can still smell the coffee scented crema I put on last night before I went to bed, a good 12 hours ago. The texture is sort of a thick frosting and it doesn’t leave a residue behind. But it isn’t quite as hydrating as I need. Would I buy it again? Nahh.
- Haus of Gloi Coffee Scrub – I LOVE COFFEE. Unfortunately my stomach can’t handle the acidity (goodbye to orange juice and tomatoes too). This smells truly like coffee. The only downside is the actual coffee bean pieces. They get all over my shower and clog up my bathtub drain filter. Would I buy it again? Sigh, I wish I could. But honestly, I won’t.
- Alchemic Muse Tiki Moon Body Whip– A milky slightly-fake coconut smell. Their whip creams are like a thick frosting, with a sort of melty quality. They go from thick scoop of frosting to more of a lotion as you rub it in. Doesn’t leave a residue. Still not my favorite cream but really cheap! Would I buy it again? Maybe if I use up the 5 other ones I still have. And not in this scent! Their fall and winter scents are better.
- (not pictured but Alchemic Muse Pineapple Milk body scrub was actually an empty from May but whatever I’ll list it here too, haha)– A very good sugar scrub. This is one of my favorites on the market. Dirt cheap too, especially when they do an end of season sale every couple of months to clear out old stock. Would I buy it again? Yes, but not in this scent. I like their fall scents better.
- Garden of Wisdom Lavender Hydrosols– free sample that I never used. Smells strongly like lavender and that makes me nervous to put on my face, ngl. It turn solid after a few months of languishing in my cabinet. Would I buy it again? No.
- Bodycology Warm Vanilla Spray- Holyschmoly I used up a body spray. This is three years old and it’s okay but not super good. It was only $2 though! I used it as a bathroom spray towards the end. Would I buy it again? As a bathroom spray sure! Cheaper than frebreeze when you can get it on sale.
- Cocoa Pink Goat Milk Lotion in Rose Vanilla– A nice, thin lotion for warmer months. Lightly hydrating. The rose is a bit strong for me though, it goes powdery. That’s totally my fault for thinking I like rose. Every rose I’ve tried I don’t like. Would I buy it again? Not in this scent. And honestly, I love Cocoa Pink’s mango coco cream WAY more.
- Jack Black Daily Facial Cleanser- Sephora freebie from LAST father’s day. I take sooo long finishing cleansers. This one was nice! Refreshing but not in an overly-scented way. Would I buy it again? No.
Also someone please recommend me a vitamin C serum that isn’t over $50. I fell down the /r/skincareaddiciton rabbit hole but it’s really overwhelming!
Happy August everyone! Stay tuned because I have a massive “products I hate/need to throw out” post in the works. Moving really puts things in perspective…and keeping a pile of “ehh maybe I can make it work” products is not good for saving space!