As you may know, I have undying love for lip products. Now that it’s summer I’m wearing lipglosses more often than usual. My #1 brand, total Holy Grail status lipgloss is from Shiro Cosmetics.
Oh, and you can get COMPLETELY CUSTOM colors made for you too 😀
I have a lot of Shiro lipglosses. Pictured here are just my fullsize tubes. I have another ~6 sample sizes on top of this, but I’ve reviewed some before.
- Cognitive Recalibration – plummy purple with strong blue shift
- Master of Whispers – custom color (from eyeshadow) – shimmery pink frost with gold shift
- Baby Don’t Hurt Me – LE Valentine’s day color – plummy dark mauve
- Still Not a Planet – custom color (from eyeshadow) – coppery brown shimmer
- I Know My Value – custom color (from scratch) – plum brown nude with subtle gold shimmer
- There’s No Such Thing As Magic – custom color (from eyeshadow) – the epitome of greige pink
I loooove making custom colors. It’s the easiest way to make your favorite eyeshadow into something you can put on your lips. And Caitlin (Shiro’s owner) is a delight to work with for making completely custom colors.
Their lipgloss formula is my favorite. It’s non-sticky but long-lasting. 99% of them don’t stain. I believe you’d have to get a very deep red/pink color to get staining. The gloss is glossy without being slippery and gooey, and I find it lightly hydrating. All around it’s a pure win.
Shiro Cosmetics Lipglosses from Left to Right
- Master of Whispers
- I Know My Value
- Still Not A Planet
- There’s No Such Thing as Magic
- Baby Don’t Hurt Me
- Cognitive Recalibration
My favorites from this grouping is Master of Whispers (perfect for layering) and There’s No Such Thing as Magic.
The two brown nudes, There’s No… and I Know My Value are both strongly fall colors on me. I can’t layer them too deeply because I feel like they’re a bit too dark/opaque. This would obviously be a plus for someone who loves opaque KVD Lolita-esque dark nudes.
There’s a million more colors I want to make from Shiro. Currently I’m thinking a pink-nude gloss for summer, made from Senpai Noticed Me blush!
Have you tried Shiro lipglosses? Any colors you would recommend for me?