If I could restart my eyeshadow collection from scratch… I might do it with only Femme Fatale! These eyeshadows are some of my top favorites of all time. Their pigmentation, blendability, and unique color selection outperform many indies and mainstream. I highly recommend these.
Most of these are Femme Fatale’s famous duochrome eyeshadows. I don’t own all of them (because there are some darker colors and greens I don’t really wear) but I own a big chunk of their lighter duochromes! Go ahead and read on; you’ll be wowed 🙂
So Femme Fatale is an Australian based cosmetics company. They also have gorgeous nail polishes as well. I honestly don’t think they can do wrong. And if you live in AUS, they carry a whole slew of USA and UK brands. They’re a great stockist as well! A++ all around.
I own nine of their eyeshadows in pots, and I recently got 4 baggie samples from a swap. I’m the most impatient person in the world, so all my FF shadows are the result of stalking Shiro’s website for whenever they stock FF. Totally worth it!
- Perspecto Illusion – pale lilacy pink with strong bright blue-green shift
- Banshee Scream – pale soft blue with strong icy blue shift
- Alpine Skies – neutral-light warm tan with strong teal shift
I will have a million swatches of these, since they change so much due to angle and light!
- Silver Apple – Medium rose-mauve base with strong blue-green shift
- Secret Shiny – light purple-pink with insanely strong gold shift
- Wildvine – almost indescribable; neutral warm taupe-green-olive-gold mix. Totally changes based on skintone and what you pair it with. I waffled on buying this one for like 3 months, because I wasn’t sure if it was “unique” enough to my collection, but now it’s a favorite!
- The Wayward Prince – strong golden warm copper over mauve-red base
- Candied Apple – Warm red-brown base with golden green shift
- Royal Tarts – Medium pink with strong golden copper shift
- Glasswater – Pastel blue with green-gold shift. More yellow-green compared to Banshee Scream which is cooler and icier.
- Divinity – Warm pink with strong gold glow. Lighter than Royal Tarts and slightly less coppery pink.
- Efflorescence – Medium purple-pink base with icy green-blue shift.
- The Nightmare – dusty dark purple with strong green glow.
All time favorites are Wildvine and Royal Tarts for everyday shades; Secret Shiny is really special to me (lilac + gold = love); and honestly they’re all gorgeous.
Right now FF just came out with their spring polish line, so if you’re thinking of grabbing any of those, I strongly suggest you pick up some makeup too! 🙂
til later lovlies,