Happy Valentine’s Day weekend! I am happily single and most likely will be doing tea & brunch with my galentine friends, which I’m looking forward to! 🙂
Today I have a classic FOTD and a more fun FOTD that are both appropriate for Valentines. Plus I have a list of some of my favorite lipsticks that would work for a V-Day look!
So look #1 is the super classic cat eye and red lip pairing. I think pretty much anyone can pull this look off beautifully. Simple matte eyeshadow + black liner + red lips = a perfect equation for glam.
Here I used my Nude Matte palette from Paula’s Choice (surprisingly amazing!), KVD Trooper liner, and NARS lipstick in Vesuvio. I applied the lipstick over a balm hence why it looks a bit shinier than normal. You can easily get this down to matte with some strategic tissue patting.
Look #2 is a bit more fun.
Eyes are Mad Lab Cosmetics Pearl and Sweetest Sirens, lips are Too Faced Melted Berry. Fuschia and bright eyes makes for a very fun, more casual Valentine’s pink look.
And here are some of my Valentine’s lipstick recommendations. I think most people will have at least one of these popular colors, or a dupe!
- Palladio High Intensity Herbal Lip Balm in Lilac Jazz – a low key fuschia with lots of moisture
- Clinique lipstick in Punch Pop – a punchy and creamy magenta pink
- MAC Viva Glam Miley Cyrus – seriously fun hot pink; when patted down it’s an intense matte pink that lasts forever on me
- Wet ‘n’ Wild Cherry Bomb – for those who want to go vampy on Valentines!
- Too Faced Melted Berry – intense magenta-red color
- MAC Russian Red – a classic color for a reason!
- NARS Vesuvio – techinically a dupe for Russian Red, but I own both and love both. I find Vesuvio a hint brighter and more matte
Those are my picks for this holiday. What are yours? Did I miss mentioning a cult favorite lipstick? Let me know in the comments!