Happy Monday! I hope everyone is well-caffeinated and having a good beginning to their week. It’s that time of the month again, aka a round-up of all the empty products from January and my reviews of them! This was a very, very interesting month.
So there was a load of stuff since I’ve been focused on finishing up all my half-started lotions and what not. Also, I’ve been deep cleaning and found some products that aren’t necessarily empty but definitely needed to be discarded.
- War Paint Beauty Glitter Liquid Eyeliner in pink – This and the next few glitter items were recently unearthed in my makeup bag that I save for Halloween/special parties/etc. All of them were blegh and separated or evaporated so goodbye to them! Not 100% an empty, but definitely needs to be gone. Will not repurchase.
- Jemma Kidd glitter mascara/liners in Diamante (silver), Sequin (navy), Rhinestone (black). – These were from Target back when mine still carried Jemma Kidd. The wand, being a combo of a eyelash comb and liner on the end, was genius and these made great party looks. Mildly sad they’re all evaporated now. Will not repurchase.
- Revlon Sugar Sugar Lip Topping in Periwinkle – Why do I have this? I think I went through a glitter phase. I knocked out some and did a pretty glitter manicure but ehh, too messy to keep using. Will not repurchase.
- Madison Street Beauty Peppermint Lip Balm – Finally finished this one! No idea why it takes me so long to finish a balm when I’m someone who is constantly reapplying them like crazy (when I’m not wearing lipstick that is.) I like this one but it’s not really anything to write home about. It’s good, but not perfect. I prefer Epically Epic’s. Will not repurchase.
- Boots Botanics Soothing Eye Makeup Remover All Bright – This was a makeup removing liquid rather than my usual creams. It works really well, even on long-last lipstick, but I prefer my creamier eye makeup removers. This one didn’t sting by eyes at all, so that’s always a plus! Will not repurchase.
- MDSolarSciences Crème Mineral Beauty Balm SPF50 in Light/Medium – Oh my gosh I miss this one already. This was a mini from a Sephora BB cream sampler bag. The texture was wonderfully soft and the color actually matched well. Also SPF50, that’s amazing! It was a great primer under foundation too. Once I finish up my MiracleSkin Transformer cream (which has a similar soft mousse-y texture) I am definitely buying this one. Will repurchase.
- Too Faced Born This Way in Vanilla – Way, way too yellow for my cool skin, but I do like the texture. It really looks nice and natural on the skin, but it didn’t quite last a full work day for me. Maybe with some experimentation with finishing powders/sprays it’ll be 100%. I still love my UD Naked Skin more though, especially color wise. Will not repurchase.
- TokyoMilk Tainted Love handcream – I love this smell so much. I have yet to buy a full size of the perfume because I have 1.5 rollerballs of it to use first! Already repurchased (during the holidays there was another cheap mini hand cream + scent duo, so I snagged it).
- Garden of Wisdom Encapsulated Glacier Water Hydrating Gel – Some fellow super-sensitive skincare friends on reddit suggested GoW for their natural products. Still not 100% what this is or if it helped. I guess it didn’t hurt, so that’s a plus? Will not repurchase.
- Digital Nails Ain’t Nobody Got Time For That quick dry topcoat – Besides being a clever name, this is 100% my favorite top coat. Already repurchased in a larger size.
- Bath & Body Works Brown Sugar and Fig triple moisture body cream – Triple moist it is not (at least for my dry winter skin) but I do love the smell. I’m finding that B&BW are more expensive (unless on a big sale) and less hydrating than indie lotions, so I’ve moved on. Will not repurchase.
- Aveeno Skin Relief 24hr Moisturizing Lotion – This is my ride-or-die everyday lotion. Especially good if I’m feeling itchy/sensitive that day. Always repurchase.
- Alchemic Muse Sweet Potato Body Whip – I saved the best for last. I LOVE THIS STUFF. The only reason I’m semi-okay with it being empty, is that I already bought a bigger size of it. I might get a back up. This stuff smells amazing; a non-spicy marshmallow sweet potato pie. Also AM’s body whip is moisturizing and never greasy. Win-win. Already repurchased.
The take away this month is 1) I love AM’s lotions SO MUCH and 2) You’ll be surprised what glitter is hiding in your closet.
til later lovelies,