Hello all! I hope everyone is having a fun Friday. I know I’m looking forward to the weekend! Today I have another indie brand spotlight for you, this time on Kiss My Sass Cosmetics. They’re a relatively well-established cosmetics and bath brand, and they have a monthly subscription service too called Lip Addicts Anonymous. I purchased a variety of things from them a few months ago and now I’ve finally gotten around to reviewing them 🙂
I also bought some of their perfumes, although these are not pictured.
I purchased many samples the first time around and after receiving my order (really quickly!) I went back for a full size lipstick from my favorite of the samples.
- Sultry lip tint – mauve, light berry (Grand Mariner and apricot flavor) A neutral, slightly darker MLBB color.
- Boudoir lip tint – berry with a hint of golden glow (peppermint flavor) Darker and a hint more red than Sultry, but I don’t see much of a ‘glow’. Both the lip tints are tints; they have buildable coverage.
- Romance lip glaze – red with a golden sheen (peppermint flavor) A very rich, sexy red.
- Spellbound lip glaze – vibrant magenta (pinky purple) with gold sparkles (peppermint flavor) Just as described, it’s a vibrant color and the brightness overwhelms the sparkle a bit, but the shimmer is still there.
- Glamping – I seem to have lost my close up photo of this one, but it’s the black slimline tube in the main photo above – dusty rose MLBB (pink frosting flavor) This one is a shade darker than my natural lips and is a perfect MLBB especially in fall and winter.
Many of the products come in peppermint flavor and I actually dislike it. My lips are pretty sensitive to strong tingling flavors, so strong peppermint oil and cinnamon are usually no-gos. The flavor does dissipate after a while, but it’s still super strong. You might be able to request a different flavor but I haven’t personally tried.
Glamping, being labelled a lipstick not a lip tint, has the most opacity in one swipe. The lip tints are nice for easygoing buildable coverage.
Codex lip glaze is a very fun product! It has a MLBB mauve base with a load of shifting turquoise / blue / purple sparkles. It’s bold and bright without being strongly colored. Once when I wore it out, I had a friend say it looked “alien”, haha, but I really like it! It can be applied sheerly for an overall wash of shine or built up to full bold metallic.
- Playful (blush) – deep orange/coral with a slight gold sheen – Rusty orange with a subtle gold sheen. This is very much not a good blush color for me, but it is nicely pigmented and would be good for someone else.
- Red Velvet – burgundy with red gold sheen. This one looks like it is no longer sold, so I’m not sure what the official description is, but it’s an opaque rich burgundy.
- Aurora – lilac with an intense turquoise shimmer that shifts to blue & violet in different lighting (frost – heavy sheen) – Over glitter glue there is a bright shift that is more blue than violet. This is a frosty pastel lilac.
- Shady – (also seems to be discontinued) An odd kind of color, but a nice one. The base is a warm grey, almost brown. It has a strong brighter green sheen over a sticky base. This is the warmer and less purple cousin to Spellbound.
- Spellbound – muted gray/mauve/purple with green sheen – A dusky grey purple with a strong green glow over a sticky base. Unusual and pretty.
- Fireside Glow – gray with a copper sheen & copper sparkles – A nice cool matte grey base with a warm copper glow. As I mentioned before, it’s similar to Hello Waffle’s Purrian Grey.
- Sweet Dreams – matte muted smoky purple – Almost a darker version of the base of Spellbound. A good crease color.
Here is a close up shot to really highlight the shift in these shadows.
Overall I think KMS is a high quality brand at reasonable prices. Full size lip tints are only $6, lipsticks are $9, lip glazes are $10, and full size eyeshadows are $8-$10. She also has highlighters and bronzers, and more that I haven’t tried. There are definitely some fun unique colors as well as neutrals and MLBBs. Samples are in the $2 range, which might be more than some other indies, but you get a lot in the baggies, honestly enough to last me a couple months at least.
Favorites are Spellbound (eyeshadow), Sweet Dreams (such a workhorse), Glamping, Codex, and Boudoir.
Have you tried any KMS products? What are your favorites?
til later lovelies,