I hope everyone is having a good weekend so far! Today I have another swatch post, this time with my silver and light grey eyeshadows. As is usual for this Birds of a Feather series, I had more silvers that I thought I did! It’s so fun rediscovering my collection.
I still have less silvers than I have taupes and neutrals, so this is not quite as long of a swatchfest as it could be 🙂
- ColourPop Liberty – The most metallic, whitest silver of the bunch. Such fun! KEEP
- Geek Chic Cosmetics Don’t Blink : White silver, darker and slightly warmer than Liberty. Semi-sheer unless you use a good sticky primer. This was one of my first indie shadows ever, probably… oh gosh, five years old?? KEEP
- DG Blinded by the Whitelighter – Whiter than Don’t Blink, a powdery version of Liberty. I’ve actually already given this to a friend at the time of posting, haha. DESTASH
- Victorian Disco Patronuses Everywhere – Darker more pewter-y silver, but still lighter than a grey. KEEP
- Hello Waffle Purrian Grey – I promise it’s prettier in person. It’s a matte medium grey with a strong gold glitter that shows up over glitter primer. An interesting unique color! KEEP
- Victorian Disco Lollerskates – Medium metallic silver with multicolor shimmer that you can see better in person. KEEP (for now)
- Geek Chic Cosmetics Purity Burns – GWP from a Black Friday sale, maybe 2014? Medium-light silver, cooler tone than Lollerskates but more neutral than Painted World. KEEP (for now. I really don’t need all these similar silvers, haha)
- DG Painted World – A bluer pewter silver. Very cool color, but not one I reach for often at all. DESTASH
Here you can see a better shot of the gold glitter in Purrian Grey.
- Geek Chic Angel of Thursday – Satin metallic grey taupe. There’s a warmer sheen to it that’s a little lost in the swatch but more obvious in person. KEEP
- Corvus Scimitar – Lighter than it looks in this picture; metallic grey with reddish shift. KEEP
- Kiss My Sass Fireside Glow – Matte grey base with copper glitter. This is the bluer base, darker cousin to HW’s Purrian Grey. I’ll sleep on it, but I’m not sure I need both shadows when they’re similar concepts. KEEP
- Corvus Atargatis – A new addition to my collection. Semi-matte grey base with gold glitter. This one is also similar to Purrian Grey, except slightly darker and more glittery all over. KEEP
- Hello Waffle Marci – More purple and cooler than it appears here. It’s a purple-y pewter, metallic and lovely foiled as liner. KEEP
- Chinovi Cosmetics Zeus – The darkest grey here. Metallic, shimmery dark pewter. KEEP
The main conclusion I draw from this is, wow do I like collecting shiny things! This was a mixed bag of dupes and unique colors. Favorites from this bunch are ColourPop Liberty for a true silver, Angel of Thursday for an easy silvered neutral, and Marci for a lovely purple pewter.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of your weekend!