Happy New Year everyone! I ended up doing some unplanned traveling to visit friends so I haven’t been anywhere near my camera or computer for a while 🙂 It was actually kind of refreshing to have a little break from computer work! But now that it’s the new year, I have tons of fun blog posts planned. Yay for 2016!
Today I have all my empties from December, aka the last of 2015! Crazy how fast that year went, right?
It was a brilliantly sunny day, especially with it reflected off the new snow, so this photo came out really dramatically lit with natural light. Kind of fitting for the end of 2015.
Mostly skincare this month, as it usually is. I have a lot of makeup things on their last legs that I hope to pan for January, so you’ll be seeing those reviews soon!
- La Roche Posay Eau Thermale – Thermal Spring Water spray – you guys know I love this. It may be considered unnecessary for some, but I swear by this stuff and for me it has a million different uses. Will I buy it again? Always.
- Clinique Turnaround Concentrate Radiance Renewer (serum) – This was an interesting product. I bought it on a whim (2016 resolution: stop that!) but I don’t regret it. It has high reviews and love from Paula’s Beautypedia, but for me I’m not 100% sure what it did. I’m terrible at tracking how my skincare routine works and also I overhauled a lot of my products in 2015 to better ones. So this may have helped my skin look better or it could have been a combo of the several new things I was doing. I’m going to wait and see if my skin goes back to being dull when I don’t have this. At least I know for sure it looks amazing under makeup as a primer! Will I buy it again? Maybe.
- Amor Naturals Blue Agave Mask – This was another thing from the fall subscription box. This was my favorite. I’m not really sure if it did anything (I didn’t see dramatic results) but it smells heavenly. Something in the combo of agave and pumpkin seed oil makes it smell like I need it all over my body, all the time. Tempted to make my own version of this, actually. Seems to be agave + oils + kaolin mostly… Will I buy it again? Nope. And I’ve long since cancelled my box.
- Sixteen92 Hand & Body Lotion in Spellbound – This was a delicious pumpkin spice latte kind of smell, with a heavy dusting of spices. Although I’m not the biggest fan of 1692’s lotions. To me they are not moisturizing enough. They’re a much thinner lotion than any body lotion I use and would probably be best used for hand cream during the day when you don’t want greasy hands. It also has an odd..slip?… kind of feel to it. Not sure how to describe it, but when I rub it into my skin it starts to feel almost watery, like my hands skip right over my skin. It’s not a plastic feeling lotion, but maybe something in the formula that makes it sink in quickly makes it feel almost saran-wrap like to me. Ehh, YMMV. Will I buy it again? I’m obsessed OBSESSED with 1692’s Vanille Bergamot scent which is only available in hair and body care, so uhh maybe.
- Fortune Cookie Soap Whipped Cream lotion in Tommy Guns and Baseball Bats – Actually kind of sad to see this one go. This scent smells like icing and cake and everything nice. As I mentioned in last month’s empties, I really enjoy FCS’s cream texture. Will I buy it again? I need to use up all my other lotions first, haha.
- Tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12 Hour Primer in Light– Not a bad BB cream at all and actually good coverage for something called a primer. It was always too yellow and dark for my skintone, but I loved the texture so I kept trying to use it up. It has a non-greasy, almost cream-to-powder texture that I really enjoy. The Miracle Skin Transformer cream is a better color with a similar texture so I’ve switched to that one. I like that Sephora sells the mini size of Tarte’s BB cream though; it makes it easy to try. Will I buy it again? No.
- Southern Comforts Cake Batter Scrub in West Memphis Sweater Weather – Also known as SWEATHER. It’s a cult favorite for a reason. I have this scent in four products because I love bread+coffee+sugar type of scents. This scrub was not quite scrubby enough for me though. It felt like a very thick body wash with sugar in it, rather than a very scrubby scrub. This texture might be better for someone who barely wants exfoliation due to sensitive skin. Will I buy it again? The scent is a happy YES, the scrub is a firm no.
- Nourish Organics Argan Butter – This was literally a tub of semi-solid butters that melts into a lotion when you warm it in your fingers. This was some serious moisturizing power and I already miss it, especially my knees and elbows. Fragrance free and great for sensitive skin. Will I buy it again? Maybe, if I can catch it on sale again.
- Nourish Organics Moisturizing Body Wash – Basic body wash that I didn’t find that moisturizing. I love that it’s fragrance free and also totally not harsh or irritating. I used this especially when my skin was having an allergic reaction to something else or in the middle of an eczema flare up.Will I buy it again? Mayyybe. I have two fragrance-free Aveenos to use up first.
- Eclos Cleansing Oil – LOVE. THIS. STUFF. I bought this as a cheaper alternative to Clinique’s cleansing oil and used an Ulta coupon on it as well to get it at 1/4 the price of Clinique’s. This gets 95% off my makeup off at once and it doesn’t have any weird or harsh ingredients. Will I buy it again? I actually bought the Clinique one with a Sephora gift card I received so maybe after I use that one up I’ll switch back to my cheaper cleanser friend 🙂
These always feel so long to write, but I always enjoy looking back on past hits & misses. This month was mostly all good products and some staple HGs. I hope you found this informative!