Lots of skincare as usual, but also some makeup!!!!
- La Roche Posay Eau Thermale Spring Water Spray — I ride or die for this stuff. I always buy two at a time and I have them stashed all over 🙂 I can’t tell you whether it makes my skin any “better” but for me it 1) wakes me up 2) hydrates my skin 3) helps my skin look less dusty if I apply too much powder 4) de-stresses me (see ‘wakes me up’) 5) etc etc etc. WILL I BUY IT AGAIN? YESSS always & forever for me
- Boots Expert Sensitive Hydrating Serum — not a serum, but a lightweight basic lotion. My poor sensitive skin reacts at the most random stuff, I swear. But this stuff is very (very) basic and doesn’t sting at all. It’s not the most hydrating but I usually buy this when I’ve either run out of another lotion and new a new one ASAP or when my skin is being really reactive to something. The only negative is that I always seem to go through this so quickly when I do have it! It’s pretty thin so I guess I use more because of that… WILL I BUY IT AGAIN? Until I find something better, yeah.
- Amor Naturals Warming Body Polish — Yeah I caved and got the Amor Naturals subscription box. Annnnd I was not that impressed. Maybe it was just the fall box, but it’s kind of pricey for the amount of product you get (one product was a baggie of herbs to use as a steam facial. I do not have time for steam facials nor do I really have the room to do so because my bathroom is 1) shared and 2) small. I would have loved another skincare product). It was not the best sugar scrub I’ve tried. My fave drugstore scrub is Tree Hut’s (so many oz. for your $) and fave indie is Alchemic Muse’s. This one was “warming” in the sense it included spices and things that smell warm and supposedly warm your skin. I couldn’t use this anywhere but my legs though, due to my spice/cinnamon sensitivity. Also wowza it was scrubby! Less sensitive people may love it. WILL I BUY IT AGAIN? I’ve already sent one email a last week to cancel my box and they have yet to respond…. I need to email them again
- Clinique Even Better Essence Lotion — A watery lotion thing! It’s an odd product but I bought this last winter when my skin was desert dry and nothing seemed to work. I wanted to add another hydrating step to my routine. I like it and it was calming, but wowza it’s recently jacked up $11 in price! There’s another Clinique watery lotion, Turnaround, that I think I’m going to switch to instead. Thank goodness for the upcoming Sephora sale! WILL I BUY IT AGAIN? If it was less expensive!!
- Paula’s Choice Skin Recovery Replenishing Moisturizer — Again, bought this a while ago to fix my poor dry skin. Honestly, I first started using this as an eye cream or sporadically on the full face. When I really started committing to using it up, I think it wasn’t that good for my skin. It’s a little too rich for me to use everyday. It might be that my skin doesn’t actually need all those nice oils in a moisturizer all the time, I don’t know. I’m not very good at keeping track of my skincare routine, haha. This was a nice cream, thick and emollient, and happily fragrance free! I thankfully got my new PC lotion in the mail today (trying Moisture Boost this time) so I’m not out of lotion anymore. WILL I BUY IT AGAIN? If nothing else works better!
- Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot Primer (deluxe sample) — Not sure where I got this… a Hautelook deluxe sample bag I think? It’s a basic silicone-y primer, nothing really remarkable nor terrible about it. WILL I BUY IT AGAIN? Nah.
- Avene Cold Cream Lip Balm — Thick, slightly white tinted, lip balm formula. I like it but I don’t love it. I could only wear it at home or at night because it really did make my lips look a little white. WILL I BUY IT AGAIN? Nope, I like others (indie brands Epically Epic or TenThreeLabs) more!
- Yu-Be Lip Balm (from Sephora) — Lip balm. Better than Chapstick, not as good as Epically Epic. Had a weird camphor-y minty type of smell and taste to it. It feels like a basic good lip balm. WILL I BUY IT AGAIN? Eh, maybe if it’s on sale.
- Sephora Oil-in-Gel Lipstick Remover — LOVE THIS STUFF. I’m too lazy with lipstick removal sometimes and this makes it super easy I could do it in my sleep. I have a thousand backups of this stuff 🙂 WILL I BUY IT AGAIN? Considering its been on clearance at sephora for 4 months now, I think I’ll be okay with my backups for a while. Also e.l.f. just came out with a version!
- L’Oreal Butterfly Intenza Mascara — I could never get over the strong perfume of this mascara. It’s a decent wand, decent coverage, only slightly clumpy formula. But my eyes freaked out over the scent. WILL I BUY IT AGAIN? NOooooo. And please @ L’Oreal, stop scenting your eye products!
- Elf Mineral Booster Sheer Powder — Holy schmoly I finished a powder. This requires a parade in celebration! Love this powder amazingly enough. It’s pretty basic; not really long-lasting at all, not really a setting powder – BUT! – it didn’t leave a pale cast on my face nor did it make my skin look dusty and dry. It did get clumpy towards the end of its life, but I took out the sifter and stabbed it with a toothpick to break up clumps and it was okay from there on. I think I have a backup of this somewhere…. WILL I BUY IT AGAIN? Pretty sure its discontinued, unfortunately.
- Tree Hut Shea Extra Rich Lotion in Tropical Mango — Rich, delicious smelling lotion. It’s better than Bath & Body Works lotions, because those never really helped my dry skin. This was is better, but still not as good as my Aveeno. WILL I BUY IT AGAIN? The 10 other lotions from various indie places are staring at me and judging me. So nope, I don’t need lotion for a while hahaha.
Whoooo weee! This was a fun month of empties! Thanks for reading this far 🙂
til later lovelies,