Hello everyone! I hope you’re all having a great day 🙂
Today I have for you a new feature! As you all know, I have a ridiculous amount of lipsticks and I’ve been recently trying to sort through my whole collection of makeup and really find & use my favorites! Therefore, what better way to catalogue things then by posting pictures for you guys? I call it “Birds of a Feather”, since they’re not really lipstick dupes but definitely cousins. Along the way, I hope to find my favorites as well as weed out the ones I don’t like as much. Today’s ‘birds’ are all the lipsticks I call purple!
I don’t have that many true purples, so some of these are purple-plums, but these aren’t exactly wines or burgundies (of those I also have a LOT so they’re definitely going to be their own post!)
- Dark Matter Makeup: FTWindu liquid lipstick
- Limnit Lipsticks Abracadabra sample
- ColourPop pencil in Grind
- ColourPop Ultra Matte Lychee
- Urban Decay Matte Revolution After Dark
- Urban Decay Matte Revolution Bittersweet
- Life’s Entropy sample Liquid Lipstick in Chaos
- ckOne Shine Lipstick in 500 Naughty
- Poppy King for No7 lipgloss in Seduction
- Buxom mini lipstick Moonlighter
- Shiro custom lipgloss Cognitive Recalibration
Eleven purple lipsticks! How did I even collect this many? I think Bittersweet and Cognitive Recalibration are the only ones I wear often out of this bunch.
- Dark Matter Makeup: FTWindu —- looks lighter on the lips, but it’s still a really dark purple. It’s nice but I haven’t ever worn it out. Maybe I’ll find a Halloween look for it, but I think it’s a bit too gothy on my pale skin and I have no idea how to wear it out of the house. Nice formula though, not too drying and also not like eternally-lasting paint. (DESTASH)
- Limnit Lipsticks Abracadabra —- Surprisingly I like this color. I got this in a swap from someone on reddit. It’s a slightly greyed, muted lighter purple. It’s odd but also kind of cool. I like this more than FTWindu but I still haven’t worn it out of the house. I think it’ll be perfect for a Halloween costume I have planned. (KEEP, but won’t go fullsize)
- ColourPop pencil in Grind —- Matches Lychee as well as UD’s Bittersweet. ColourPop is a fine brand. It’s not my #1 in anything, but it is way better than most drugstore brands. I find all their lip products a bit drying. Grind is a nice color on me and actually looks purple-fuchsia on me instead of turning pink or red. (KEEP)
- ColourPop Ultra Matte Lychee —- See above; nice product but very drying. Good color, yay! Just gotta remember to use it. Now that it’s winter for me, the bright color seems a bit out of place. (KEEP)
5. Urban Decay After Dark —- I love the new Matte Revolutions more than I love most of my other lipsticks. This formula just works great on me; non-drying, vibrant color, long lasting without being a liquid lipstick. After Dark is a wee bit darker on my lips than in the swatch. There’s also a subtle blue shimmer. (KEEP)
6. Urban Decay Bittersweet —- See above; great formula, great lipstick. I love this color on me! It’s a cool toned, purple plum and looks less pink in real life than in this swatch. My lips are pretty cool toned, so they make this lipstick more purple-y. Looove it. Easily in my top 10 lipsticks. (KEEP)
7. Life’s Entropy Chaos —- I love the LE lipsticks, although I do find them messy. The colors are highly pigmented and she offers some very cool unique colors (yellow!). They’re not a paint-like dry liquid lipstick, but the pigment does last a loooong time. (KEEP, considering getting fullsize)
8. ckOne Naughty —- I’m still on the fence about this one since the last time I talked about it. I want to love it, it’s hydrating, it wasn’t cheap. But the color goes weirdly brown on my lips and I can’t get it nicely even. Also, as I’ve mentioned before, me and ‘slightly tinted lipsticks’ seriously are starting to not get along. (ON TRIAL, MAYBE DESTASH)
9. No7 Seduction —- Not gonna lie; I bought this for the cute polka dot packaging and the Poppy King name. Poppy does some amazing stuff with Lipstick Queen and when Boots had a huge clearance on all their Poppy King for No7 stuff, I bought a lot. I don’t really like this gloss though. Tastes wonderful, looks cute, but it’s an odd brown-plum on me. Maybe I’ll find a way to work it this winter, like it’s a darker 90s kind of lip. (ON TRIAL, MAYBE DESTASH)
10. Buxom Moonlighter —- First off, I frickin’ hate these mini tubes. They get smashed against the sides no matter how careful I am. I have yet to buy a fullsize though, because I heard from reliable sources that the fullsized get smashed too. I really don’t want to deal with that. I love this color though! It was my first love of blue shimmer in lipsticks. It’s a cool fuchsia-plum color with a fun, obvious shimmer. I might try panning it, since I do enjoy it… even though the packaging is the WORST. (Maybe I’ll depot it? Make my own lip palette??) (KEEP, for now…)
11. Shiro lipgloss in Cognitive Recalibration —- I love it, you guys know it, I’ve talked about it before. Tasty flavor, surprisingly long lasting, and unique color. I hope to get a lot of use out of it this winter! Although my new lip gloss love Amortentia keeps calling my name…. Shiro totally made me into a lip gloss girl after years of hating it! (KEEP)
So we ended up with only one true destash (FTWindu) and a few on trial. I really wish lipsticks were easier to pan, because I’d love to pan Moonlighter but daaang lipsticks seem to last forever whenever I try acutally using one up.
I hope you enjoyed this Birds of a Feather! Next up will most likely be burgundies. Oh boy do I have a lot.
til later lovelies!