It’s that time of the month again! Yesterday was my birthday so forgive me for posting September a little late 😉
It’s mixed bag of stuff this month, and way more makeup than usual yay!
- Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray (birchbox) – ehh, not really a dry shampoo but it does give you volume at your roots. This always made my hair feel a bit dry/scrunchy. Would I buy it again? Nope. I like my stila dry shampoo powder better.
- Caudalie Micellar Cleansing Water – not the worst cleansing water I’ve tried, but I just don’t get the point of these. They never actually remove all my makeup and require a heck more passes across my face than just my usual oil cleanser + toner routine. Would I buy it again? Nope, didn’t work for me.
- Paula’s Choice Resist Moisture Renewal Oil Booster (trial size) – Love this little guy for winter dry skin! I usually mix it into my moisturizer to give it an extra boost if my skin is feeling really dry that day. It’s a nice blend of good oils and never irritated my sensitive skin, so yay for that. Would I buy it again? Waiting for a sale to maybe get a full size.
- Clinique Turnaround Overnight Revitalizing Moisturizer – I have no idea if this really ‘revitalized’ my skin because I didn’t really see any improvements. Granted, it didn’t irritate my skin so that’s a plus. Would I buy it again? Nope, I like seeing big results with my skincare.
- Skin79 BB Creams in Pink, Gold, Pearl – I got a set of 4 (one was given to a friend) a while back from eBay. Pink is my absolute favorite. Some people complain about the ‘weird grey shade’ but honestly it was more like a neutralizer for my pink skin. I didn’t think it was grey at all. The pearl one does have a lot of shimmer in it (in my opinion) so I didn’t like using that one all over my face and usually just used it on my cheeks. I like these BB creams though! They felt moisturizing and were thick enough that I could get some medium coverage from them. Would I buy it again? If I didn’t have a full sized Missha cream to use up, I would pick up a full size of the pink.
- Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara – Another travel size I picked up as a GWP a while back. I actually like Clinique’s mascaras more than I thought I would. I do think they work better as ‘day’ mascaras, since none of them were nearly as cat-eye/dramatic enough for the way I like mascara 🙂 Would I buy it again? If I ever somehow ran out of the millions of travel sized minis I already have!
- Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravagant Mascara – I got this in a set and wow I didn’t expect to love it as much as I did! It was the type of dramatic that I love and helped make my lashes look all lush and winged. Love this stuff and I’m sad to be done with it, but I recently got a half-size with points so I have another one to keep me going. Would I buy it again? Surprisingly, yes! This is probably my favorite non-drugstore mascara I’ve ever tried!
Yay! September was a fun month of empties. I have some things that are almost there and will definitely be finished in October, so stay tuned 😉
til later lobvelies,