Happy Wednesday everyone! September is really chugging along fast 🙂
As promised, here’s part two of my Aromaleigh haul(s). This one includes the September limited-time gift with purchase and the Goddess of the Month highlighter, so I thought you guys would love to see it before it’s gone 🙂
This time around I grabbed two of their pure matte shadows that were on a weekly sale (fun thing about Aromaleigh, one or two of their collections are on 25% off sale each week. It’s the best and the worst, since I makes me want to shop there every week!) as well as the intriguing September Goddess of the Month color, another clearance Sherlock color, and some samples. I also qualified for the really cool anniversary gift with purchase! This color will disappear 9/30.
- Astraea –Goddess of the month collection– a really interesting grey-blue highlighter with lots of sparkle
- Psychosomatic Limp –Sherlock collection– metallic light bronze with greenish sparks
- Brunhilde –Matte Saga One collection– matte taupe brown, perfect crease color and this works super well for my brows too
- Freya –Matte Saga One collection– matte neutral rose, crease color perfection
- Synchrony –Gift with purchase– plum with loads of gold and red sparks
- Idunn –Matte Saga One collection– matte olive green
- Scarmiglione –Diavoli collection– dusky purple with bright gold and green sheen
- Libicocco –Diavoli collection– grey violet with bright copper and red sheen
- Lagertha –Ignis Antiquita collection ((ON WEEKLY SALE!)) — deep warm copper
- Amandier –discontinued Bloom collection– sheer highlight color, sparkly cream
Before we get to swatches I’d like to say that the matte colors were amazing, if not more amazing without primer. I swatched everything over a sticky primer without really thinking ahead, and the mattes became weird over the sticky. The mattes are best on bare skin or maybe a normal primer like UD’s.
Also I fell in love with my Lagertha freebie sample. The formula was so soft but crazy pigmented. I’m really considering picking up a full size since it’s on sale this week, and then it’ll be gone until 2016. I have a lot of coppers though….but this one is soooo nice 🙂
Astraea is so interesting! I had to pick it up because I’m kind of hoarding cool-tone highlighters and this one is very unique. I also swatched it over sticky primer because in my opinion it’s a gorgeous eyeshadow too. When blended out it’s an almost undetectable light grey silver highlight with golden sparks. The cover art is really pretty too, depicting Virgo. I actually picked up two extras of this shade for my two Virgo friends whose birthdays are this week 🙂
All the swatches are finger swatches (sorry, I’m lazy haha) and over bare skin (the left side) and Pixie Epoxy (right side). Brunhilde is just one layer on the bare skin. It’s awesome.
I’m really loving the matte formula! They’re very smooth and easy to blend.
Scarmiglione has the strongest sheen over Pixie Epoxy sticky base. It goes from a sparkly purple to a really intense chartreuse in a purple base. Lagertha was really fun to work with! It was so soft and pigmented that I actually had to brush off excess shadow in the swatch because it didn’t need so much. A light touch is enough to get deep pigmented color. I smeared the excess all over my eyes (waste not!) and the leftover that was on my fingers from the swatch was enough to cover both eyes with pigmented shadow. It’s so easy to work with!
The close up really shows the green sheen of Scarmiglione as well as how plush Lagertha looks. I love all these shadows so much.
Long story short, the Goddess of the Month Astraea is really unique especially for highlighter collectors. The GWP is nice, but I think my favorites are the matte shadows and Lagertha. I suggest checking it out while it’s on sale.
Have you tried Aromaleigh? Have I tempted you into trying it yet? 🙂
til later lovelies,