It’s that time of the month again! I’m one day late, but in my defense September snuck up on me 🙂
So once again, there’s a lot of skin care products! Some are repurchases and some are definite no’s.
- First Aid Beauty – Ultra Repair Lotion (2oz) – Originally bought as a space-saving travel sized item. I like it but I don’t love it. There’s something about FAB products that make my skin tingle a bit when I first put them on, even on my arms or legs. I’m thinking it might be the feverfew extract? Would I buy it again? Nope. I’m sticking with my Aveeno Skin Relief body lotion.
- First Aid Beauty – Ultra Repair Cream (2oz) – Same as above; a strange tingling sensation. I do think they’re hydrating and nice on my skin, but the tingle just feels bad. Would I buy it again? Nope.
- Paula’s Choice – Resist C15 Super Booster (0.12 oz sample) – I’ve been trying to incorporate a vitamin C serum into my skin care routine and I thought I’d try Paula’s because the customer service has always been great and the ability to do a small sample is really appealing. I liked it, although it did feel a bit tacky on the skin. I’m not sure if it did anything and I don’t really feel like buying a bigger size to give it more time to work. Would I buy it again? Maybe if I can’t find another vitamin C serum I like.
- Paula’s Choice Clear Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution (1oz sample) – I use my Clinique Extra Mild Clarifying Lotion as a toner every day, but sometimes if my skin is acting up or feels really congested, I want something more heavy-duty. My skin is easily irritated so I tried this ‘anti-redness- BHA solution from Paula’s Choice. I definitely think it’s strong stuff and it works, but I can’t use it every day. I mostly use it around that time of the month or whenever my skin needs an extra-strength shot of salicylic acid to clear it up. Would I buy it again? I did buy another 1oz size a while ago to reach a minimum price for the free eyeshadow palette a month ago 🙂
- Naobay Oxygenating Cream Lotion (Birchbox sample) – I want to love it but I just can’t! I love love love aloe, avocado and almond oil, and shea in my skin care but not all those fragrant ingredients! This stuff smelled and I could not risk it on my poor sensitive face. This was delegated to body lotion and it was nice for that use. Would I buy it again? Nope. No fragrances on my face please.
- Pura D’Or Argan Oil (4oz) – Looove this stuff! You can actually get two for this price of $20 if you read the info pamphlet on the inside of the box when you get this product. I’m pretty sure they’re still doing the promo, but it was if you leave a review on Amazon they’ll send you another one free. So it’s 8oz for $20 which is a really good price for pure argan. I went through a period where I was hoarding Josie Maran oil samples because I loved the stuff! But I couldn’t justify the price. This stuff is a good replacement. It’s not as lightweight as Josie Maran but it works just the same. And because it’s cheaper, I don’t mind using more of it! I use it on my face, body, hair, and in a pinch it’s a perfect lipstick remover. Love this stuff for winter skin too! And of course, the spray bottle makes it so easy to use. Would I buy it again? I still have my second bottle to go through, but yes! When that one is done, I totally will. (Unless I miraculously find a cheaper price for pure argan oil somewhere!)
- Make Up For Ever Sens’Eyes Eye Makeup Remover (1oz) – Bought this for travel. I do love this stuff, but even this can burn my eyes a little. I still prefer the Clinique eye makeup remover, but either product is too expensive for something I use up so often! I’m currently using the Neutrogena Eye Makeup Removing Lotion and I think it is just as good at a fraction of the price! Would I buy it again? Nope. Wouldn’t say no to using some Sephora points for it as a point reward though.
- Bareminerals mini Original Foundation in medium beige – This was a freebie from some fashion show gift bag I can’t even remember how long ago. It was always way too dark for me so I actually used it with a light hand as a bronzer/contour. It’s not totally empty but I also have much better bronzers and contours now, so it’s silly to keep it around. Would I buy it again? Nope, I prefer liquid foundations.
- Silk Naturals Matte Lipsticks in Eternal and Garter – Silk Naturals is a great brand that more people should really try. They have lots and lots of vegan and natural makeup and skin care products. I like their lipsticks but I don’t love them. Eternal was a dark brown-rose that was always a bit too dark for me (but it’s a darn good dupe for MAC Twig) and Garter was a nice pink but similar to L’Oreal’s Tender Rose and others that I have. I would actually totally keep Garter if it wasn’t a broken tube – the twist thing doesn’t twist up for me at all. The brand has great customer service, but I bought this a few months ago (and never really used it, oops) and I don’t want to bother them with an email since I don’t really love it.
Would I buy it again? I do plan on making another Silk Naturals purchase (mostly for their awesome face powders, highlighters, and eye shadows) but probably not for lipsticks….. Although they have so many pretty colors 🙂
Whooooo…. that was a long one! Thanks for reading everyone!
til later lovelies,