OH MY GOSH, it was FINALLY warm today and I could not be happier! Winter seems to be finally over and the sun is out again, hence my sudden urge to wear bright lipsticks. As much as I love fall weather and my red and burgundies, sometimes a little fiery lipstick is a perfect pairing to bright sunshine! Last spring I went out and bought a bajillion different oranges and corals hoping to find The One, and now its spring again and I still haven’t found a coral that doesn’t look crazy. Either I’m too used to how I look in reds, or my skin tone just hates coral! Anyways, below you’ll find a selection of some oranges, corals, and orange-reds that I own 🙂
Lots of variety here! And kind of difficult to capture on camera, since they’re so bright and neon.
1. Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish #109 (matte, sort of a dry apricot color)
2. NYX Haute Melon #583A (very creamy, more orange than coral)
3. BH Cosmetics Sweet Mango (very creamy, burnt orange but not quite red)
4. Revlon Snow Peach (creamy but long lasting, closer to coral; its orangey but does have a pink undertone)
5. Maybelline Colorsensational Vivid Neon Red #890 (true orange-red; no pink here)
6. Prestige Cosmetics Hot Flame (creamy-matte bright neon red)
7. Covergirl Hot Passion #305 (creamy smooth bold red; not as bright as Prestige)
How I wish the Revlon Snow Peach looked on me like it does on Temptalia! I had SUCH high hopes that it’d be that perfect pinky coral I’ve been looking for, but it goes very orange on me. I’m still trying to figure out why my lips/skin always seem to bring the orange or neon out of lipsticks more so that they look in other people’s swatches. Might be the super pale skin just makes bright colors pop too much 😉
Also that Prestige Hot Flame is very reminiscent of Urban Decay’s 69 to me in terms of bright red color.
I almost never wear any of these except for that really old tube of Prestige or sometimes the Neon Red. I tend to wear semi-sheer lipsticks or glosses in the spring and summer usually because I start getting lazy with my makeup towards the end of a school year, haha. But lately I’ve gotten a few more bright pinks and creamy matte reds that I’m going to try making more of an effort to wear. I can’t let that MAC Victoriana or Lipstick Queen Saint Red just sit there unused! 😉
Have you found your perfect spring/summer lipstick yet? Are you a coral hoarder and have any recommendations? Let me know in the comments below!
til later lovelies,